My thoughts about the Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Araripe, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Araripe

Araripe Level 40 Staff Member Administrator

Community Manager
    [​IMG]
    Revolutionary. That's a good word to describe the Xbox One X. "The console that made 4K gaming cheaper" is also quite accurate. For $499, you can play your favorite games at 4k and 60 fps. Better than that, it's probably going to make PC hardware a bit cheaper, as it would be quite pointless to spend twice (or more) for the same result. Which means that it's a savior for both console and PC gamers, which will probably set 4k resolution as the new standard and not 1440p as it was expected back then.
    The main problem, though, is that 4K televisions and monitors are still expensive, meaning that it's not that accessible yet. But that's what happens with each and every "new" technology. Within three years or so, 4K will be as normal as 1080p in 2017. Wonderful, right?
    "So, is that all?". I would say so. It's not like it's a new console, right? It's the good and old Xbox One on steroids, which is great. And it makes 4k cheap. Isn't that cool enough?

2. AwzemCoffee

AwzemCoffee The Nail Staff Member Moderator

Linux System Administrator
    I think the XBX Is really cool but we gotta break this down a little more. The GPU is a 6TFLOP AMD gpu so its probably around the power of the 980 for game perfomance, accounting for the architectural difference. Still very good price to performance ratio though! Pretty incredible. The main issue with the console from what I hear is its still using the same old shite CPU. So any CPU intensive game will just brick the dated as hell cpu. :C

Araripe likes this.
  3. Araripe

Araripe Level 40 Staff Member Administrator

Community Manager
    Well, Microsoft always makes a good job when it comes to optimization. I still find it impressive that the old Xbox One could run Forza 6 at [email protected] Even though it's not an impressively high resolution, the graphics are amazing. I took some screenshots that look like real pictures. I can't imagine how Forza 7 will look at 4k. Needless to say: extremely excited for that.
    And then there is the price tag factor. It's way cheaper than a 4k gaming pc. I feel like lots of people will end up moving to console gaming again.